HEARTY VEGGIE AND QUINOA SALAD BOWL
Recipe inspired by Starbucks. Makes about 4 salads
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 cup pickled sliced beets
- 1 cup cubed butternut squash (1″ cubes)
- 1 cup garden peas
- 1 bunch of chopped kale
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- olive oil
These are all suggested amounts – use however much of each vegetable you like! Same goes for the lemon/tahini/soy ratio in the dressing below.
Lemon Tahini Dressing
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup lemon juice (juice form about 3 lemons)
- 4 Tablespoons soy sauce
- parsley (for garnish)
- Quinoa – Boil 2 cups of water, pour 1 cup dry quinoa in, and let simmer on low heat for about 15-20 minutes, until water is absorbed. Remove from heat, let sit for 5 minutes, and fluff with a fork before serving.
- Roasted Squash – Lightly coat cubed butternut squash with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast in oven on 400 degrees for about 30-40 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Broccoli – Steam for 1 – 2 min and immediately rinse under cold water. This will give you crispy, slightly cooked broccoli that’s perfect for salad!
- Shredded cabbage, chopped kale, beets & peas – These are all good to go!
- Dressing – Whisk tahini, lemon juice, and soy sauce together.
- Assembly – Place a scoop of quinoa in the center of each plate, surround with various vegetables, and serve with a side of lemon-tahini dressing.
ALSO CHECK OUT: