VEGAN KALE SQUASH CURRY
- 2 cups cooked basmati rice (or your favorite variety, or even quinoa!)
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 bunch of kale, leaves torn into bite-size pieces and stems chopped separately
- 1 large can of chickpeas, drained
- handful of fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable base
- 1 lime
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 3 cups diced butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Whisk vegetable base and 1 cup of water in a small bowl.
- In a large pot, mix 1 cup of coconut milk and curry paste over medium heat. Let simmer for 1 minute.
- Add diced onion to pot and let simmer for 3 minutes longer.
- Add vegetable base mixture, remaining coconut milk, soy sauce, chickpeas, squash, and kale stems (not the leaves yet!) to the pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 10-12 minutes until kale stems and squash are tender.
- Add kale leaves, cook for two minutes longer, and add the juice of 1/2 lime.
- Plate curry over rice and garnish with cilantro and remaining lime wedges.
ALSO CHECK OUT: