VEGAN CORN CHOWDER
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 cubes vegetable bouillon
- 2 cups corn
- 2 cups soy milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoon (or more) cayenne pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet and cook onions and celery for a few minutes, until golden.
- Add carrots and garlic, cooking until garlic is slightly golden.
- While vegetables are cooking, boil water in a large pot, stir in bouillon, and reduce heat to medium.
- Once bouillon is dissolved, add corn and vegetables from skillet.
- Cook until vegetables are tender, (add more water if you need to), reduce heat to low, and add 1/2 the soy milk.
- Stir and add remaining soy milk.
- Add flour and whisk quickly.
- Add parsley, garlic poweder, salt, pepper, and cayenne
- Cook, stirring often for about 15-20 minutes on low heat until chowder thickens.
ALSO CHECK OUT: